Better Habit #2
Ok it’s official. I am not in love with winter 2014.
The cold. The dark. The inability to get out of bed each morning. The lack of energy and motivation. But as we still have several months of this weather to go I’m going to have to get over it. So I’ve decided to banish the winter blues and put the pep back in my life.
After perusing the literature there are some common things to do and here’s my list.
1. Drink more water. At least 1.5 litres every day.
2. Eat breakfast. No more coffee only meals to start the day. Oatmeal’s whole grains are said to increase serotonin levels so I’ll start there.
3. Take my vitamins/supplements EVERY day.
4. Up the D Factor. Sunlight also increases serotonin levels so I’m going to extend the dog walks in the morning especially on sunny days.
5. Get up when the alarm goes off. No more rolling over and sleeping in. This will allow time for the lengthened dog walks and avoid the frazzled feeling when I’m running late.
6. Set the mood with essential oils. I’m going to put together a mood enhancing blend and fire up the oil burner.
7. Eat better. Those winter comfort foods are literally weighing me down. Time to get back to market shopping and get more whole foods in the diet.
So bye bye winter blues – your days are numbered.
LISTENING TO: Searching for Sugar Man by Rodriquez
READING: A Nourishing Kitchen by Amy Crawford